Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Grand Canyon National Park and other Grand Canyon topics.
Here's some basic Grand Canyon info you should know:
• Arizona is known as the Grand Canyon State
• The Grand Canyon is 277 miles long, over one mile deep, and up to 18 miles wide at the widest point.
• The Colorado River is 1450 miles long.
• The average elevation of the South Rim is 6,800 feet, while the average elevation of the North Rim is 8,000 feet.
• The North Rim is closed from late October to late May.
• The South Rim is open all year – 365 days a year.
• The North Rim receives far fewer visitors than the South Rim.
• The entrance fee to the park is $25 per vehicle, good for seven days on both North and South Rims.
Grand Canyon is an amazing place, and the more Grand Canyon info you learn, the more unique and intriguing it becomes.